Wednesday, September 22, 2010

P.S. on the latex thing: whatever causes the allergy in latex is also found in tropical fruits: bananas, papaya, passion fruit, mango, kiwi . . . . If this kid ever goes to visit his grandparents in Trinidad, he may have to go in a bubble! There is so much to learn - we have a book about spina bifida, but every time I open it I get freak out and have to close it. I guess there is plenty of time to learn most of it.

Meanwhile, I am already sick of even saying, "spina bifida." I think I have spent way too much time on the phone explaining things in the last week.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Those allergies sound like quite a challenge.
    We shall have to be diligent to protect him from all of these things. I wonder if the allergies are life long or if they may subside with age. We must indeed cling to the kindness of God.

    Poppa

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are such varying degrees of latex allergies, if Cody even has one, it may be very mild. It will be well. Somehow it will be.

    ReplyDelete