Friday, October 8, 2010

Lest I start to sound too perfect . . . I am having a really sucky day today. I have a terrible headache, and I am completely peopled-out.

I had to take the boys to the doctor today for flu shots and Austin's three-year-old check-up. Turns out that Austin has to have surgery to repair his herniated belly-button. Lots of kids are born with them (Jack was), and they usually heal up on their own, but Austin's didn't. It is really a no-big-deal, non-invasive surgery - possibly even outpatient, but still. Seriously, life? Seriously? The poor kid has already had rabies treatments this year, not to mention everything else that is going on. I really don't feel as sorry for myself as I sound - I know things could be so much worse. But I am not coping real well with anything today.

Jack and Austin's school pictures were yesterday, and I didn't find out till today that you have to pay for them ahead of time in order for any pictures to actually be taken. So Austin will have no school picture for his first year of school. Really stupid thing to be upset about, but I cried all the way to Lowes after I dropped them off. Jack's first school picture is so precious, I hate that Austin won't have one.

All of this is the worst thing about our situation for me right now. Having to wait 4 months between finding out about Cody's diagnosis and actually dealing with it. The day-to-day stuff is just unbearable sometimes. I have this huge thing looming in front of me, and I have to deal with tantrums and poop and picky eaters and nightmares and permission slips and dishes and headaches . . . . It sucks sometimes.

To top it all off, pregnancy seems to have inflamed my carpal/cubital tunnel syndrome till it is worse than its ever been, and I can't knit at all. I almost can't even cut my food or wring out a dishtowel. So, I have no outlet or interest to give me a little bit of fun and a feeling of accomplishment. I didn't knit last week, and it didn't help at all. I feel like a zombie.

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you! You feel horrible complaining, because things aren't really that bad (in the scheme of it all). But in the day-to-day trenches you wonder how you can go on and what's going to happen next. Pregnancy issues and hormones only make it seem worse. Hello normal mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica, The Bible says "many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him (/ her) out of them all". I have been in the dumps just like you feel now. I have found that our Lord Jesus sends someone just when we need it. He is the Mighty Healer! When my second son was born in 1984 the doctors said he would not live. Today he is almost 26 years old. My last son was born with bilateral club feet and allergic to milk, His feet were fixes with shoes. The milk allergy caused nose bleeds from 5 years old. It was difficult for a little boy to watch what he ate esp. at school. He learned how to handle the nose bleeds. At 9 years he had an infection of his testicle that alerted us to the other testicle (grossly smaller than the other)being stuck in the inguinal canal. For this he had surgery to bring the testicle down. He then had to go on Epilim (epileptic drug) for a post syndrome of a viral enchephalitis. We believed God for his healing. A 13 years old he was healed. He no longer takes any medications and is able to have milk (people like to say he has grown out of it, but I know it is our Lord Jesus who has healed him)and he has developed into the man God has created him to be. He is now almost 18 years old. For 8 years I was in pain every day from injury to my back from a motor vehicle accident. One day a lady named Joan Gieson from St. Louis, Missouri came to our church and prayed for me and all the pain left. She too had been healed many years before of a brain tumour. Trust in the Lord for all His promises are sure. He will do what He says He will do. Do not allow discouragement to set in. Instead, sing to the Lord a new song and make a melody in your heart to the only one who can truly change your situation. Make declarations over your unborn child and your 2 other children. Do not allow the enemy to cripple you with fear. I strongly recommend "Cindy Trimm's book - Commanding Your Morning". It has worked for me. It helps you to declare what God says. Will remember to pray. Your children have a Godly heritage. Bernadette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the stinkiness of a day like that...had lots of them lately. Hang in there!I had physical therapy after Silas for the carpal tunnel thing, didn't help a bit, it just eventually went away. Love you!

    ReplyDelete